The Big Issue Foundation connects vendors with the vital support and solutions that enable them to rebuild their lives and journey away from homelessness. We work exclusively with Big Issue vendors. Vendors are people who are homeless, vulnerably housed or at risk of homelessness because of significant issues such as unemployment or a financial crisis.
In the next 3 years The Big Issue Foundation wants to ensure that every vendor has:
- somewhere meaningful to call home
- access to a doctor and equality of access to health care opportunities
- the essential support that is needed to overcome addictions
- direct help with their sales skills to maximize their independent earnings
- the crucial personal identification that opens so many doors
- access to additional financial support and secure saving opportunities
- the opportunity to re-connect with family members and loved ones.
To Deliver Our Mission We Will Remain:
‘Vendor-centric’ – our work is led by the hopes and aspirations of Big Issue vendors
‘Inclusive’ – social and financial inclusion is at the heart of our philosophy
‘Non-judgmental’ – we work with anyone who is prepared to engage with self-help.
We urgently need your help to achieve this – donate here