When we meet a new vendor they are frequently living from moment to moment…”where am I going to sleep?”, “what am I going to eat”, “How do I get out of the rain?”
It all starts with a sale – the power of £2.50. You have to manage your own money if you are going to make a success of your business.
The Big Issue Foundation works behind the scenes with vendors to address the issues that have led to or arisen as a result of a person becoming homeless.
Not everyone knows that we are 100% reliant on the generosity of our supporters. We are grateful for any donation that you can afford. Your generosity really does work.
With your help we can make more vendors happier, healthier, safer and more secure.
Please donate now and help us to help more vendors as they work to take back control of their lives.
- £85 helped vendors Carl and Sarah with a starter pack for their new home in Birmingham
- £77.50 provided Paul with a passport as official ID to help him secure new work in Bristol
- £267.00 helped George obtain sailing qualifications to go on to work as part of a ships crew
- £9.25 bought John a copy of his birth certificate in Cardiff
- £75.60 helped Sue travel to Scotland and reconnect with her family following the death of her father
- £210 bought 60 gym passes, allowing vendors cheap access and support in their efforts to get healthier in London