A monthly donation of £10 via Payroll Giving actually only costs you £8
Did you know you can make a gift through your pay online today and help rebuild the lives of Big Issue vendors across the UK?
Why choose payroll giving?
- Easy and convenient – straight from your pay
- Tax-effective – it costs less to give more
- Supports the causes you care about
- Flexible – control over how much you want to donate
- Deductions can only take place when you are employed.
- No bank details required
Giving a regular gift to The Big Issue Foundation through your pay is easy. All you need to do is go to our online form and follow the instructions.
- Your donation is tax-free, every £10 donated costs you £8 if you pay regular tax or just £6 if you pay higher
- Many employers cover all administration costs
- Employers who don’t, a small transaction fee is deducted by your employers chosen Payroll Giving Agent (Registered Charity) to process your donation. Usually 25p or 4% per monthly deduction.
How does it work?
Once you’ve filled in the form, our payroll giving partner, Payroll Giving in Action, will set up your gift with your employer for you. You will need your payroll or employee number and National Insurance Number to hand, which can both be found on your payslip.
To give to us in this way, your employer will need to operate a payroll giving scheme. If you’re not sure if they do, fill in the form in any case and we will let you know. If they don’t have a payroll giving scheme, we can also provide them with information about how to set one up.
What do I do if I’m changing jobs?
If you are changing jobs, your regular gift will automatically stop. But don’t worry – you can easily start giving again with your new employer by filling in our simple online form.
Find out more
Visit HM Revenue & Customs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers setting up payroll giving
If you are an employer interested in finding out more about payroll giving or wishing to get set up with the scheme visit our employers’ page.