The Big London Night Walk is a Friday night with a difference that helps to highlight the challenges facing people who are homeless. We are looking for volunteers to help us make this an amazing event for up to 350 walkers!
We need volunteers in the evening and overnight to ensure our participants have all the support they need to make The Big Night Walk safe and enjoyable.
Could you help us by:
- Registering participants on arrival?
- Setting up the event for the arrival of our walkers?
- Talking to participants about the challenge, their fundraising and preparation, and what has motivated them to take part before the start?
- Serving refreshments to walkers at rest steps during the night?
- Celebrating walkers arriving back with a hot drink and a medal?
We would welcome teams of volunteers as well as individual helpers to take on the following roles helping out on different shifts between 6pm and 6am from Friday 6th March – Saturday 7th March. You will be able to choose your shift slot closer to the event.
Volunteers need to be:
- Available for 4-6 hours on the night of Friday 6th March – Saturday 7th March 2020
- Confident in talking to members of the public and starting conversations
- Interested in learning more about The Big Issue Foundation
- Over the age of 18
- For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7526 3459.
To register your interest to volunteer, please fill in the below form.