Calling all gamers! Whether it’s Fortnite, Fall Guys, Minecraft or Fifa we need you to level up and get your game on. Use your gaming skills for the power of good and join our fight to end poverty and homelessness for Big Issue vendors.
How Game On Works
Game On is a way to raise money and support Big Issue vendors whilst doing something that you love. Pick your favourite game, set a date and ask your friends and family to sponsor you to complete your chosen challenge. You can use any console you like, or even go traditional with a table-top board game – the world’s your oyster! From streaming gaming marathons or tournaments to completing solo missions, there’s loads of ways you can get involved. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- Stream your gaming marathon and get your audience involved. If you’re using Tiltify, use the polls, incentives and rewards function – let your audience influence your game for a donation or even set forfeits if you fail!
- Gather your gaming crew and organise a tournament. Get your family, friends, or colleagues involved in a gaming competition with prizes for the top gamer. You could ask for a donation to take part or encourage each player or team to set up their own fundraising page.
- Set yourself a personal challenge and try to beat a record for your favourite game!
Your fundraising will help to support Big Issue vendors who are working hard to move away from a life of poverty and exclusion. If you’re planning on streaming your challenge you can combine your live stream with your fundraising on Tiltify, or set up a fundraising page on Just Giving.
Top tips for setting up your Game On challenge
- Set a fundraising target – how much do you want to raise? The bigger your challenge, the higher you can set your target. You might want to start lower and increase your target as you go!
- Set donation milestones – if you’re streaming your challenge, why not celebrate every time you reach a donation milestone with a
- Choose your team – If you’ve set a lengthy target, create a tag-team plan so there’s always someone to take over when you need a rest.
- Spread the word – Share your page with your friends and family, and let them know how they can sponsor you.
- Prepare for the big day – make sure you have plenty of drinks and food to keep you going and have a plan of when to take breaks.
- Enjoy! You’re doing something you love while raising money to support Big Issue vendors- everyone’s a winner!
If you’d like any support with your fundraising or ideas to get started with your Game On challenge get in touch on email@example.com or 020 7526 3459.