Run, cycle or walk for Big Issue Vendors. It’s completely up to you whether you do this on your treadmill, exercise bike, out on the street – or both, this is your challenge, so your rules! What matters is that you are going the extra mile to support Big Issue vendors at a time when they need it most.
Why not make this a challenge between your friends, family or colleagues? A bit of healthy competition is guaranteed to keep you motivated! Set up your event on Strava or Map my Run and record your miles over the duration of your challenge. Whoever has racked up the most miles by the end of the month is a well-deserved winner.
How to set up your own challenge
- Set the distance and duration of your challenge. This could be a number that is significant to you, The Big Issue Foundation or a personal goal
- Set up a Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving fundraising page as a super easy way to collect your sponsorship. The money you raise comes directly through to the charity so there’s less for you to worry about
- Spread the word – let all your friends, family and colleagues know what an amazing thing you’re doing by sharing your fundraising page on social media and in WhatsApp groups. Download our handy social media postcards below to share on Facebook, twitter and Instagram
- Have fun!
We’ve put together some suggested distances below to get you started
- The Big Issue Foundation turned 25 this year. Why not run, walk or cycle 25 miles over the month to help us celebrate
- Set yourself a target of 2000km to represent 2000 Big Issue vendors who currently can’t return to work
- Take on an iconic sporting event – virtually. Run the distance of the London Marathon or cycle the distance of Ride London over a month. Check out Jacob’s ambitious ‘Tour de Flat’ fundraising idea here for some inspiration
Whatever you choose to do please remember to always follow the latest government advice.
We’d love to hear more about your challenge so get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you’re up to or if there’s anything we can help with.
Useful fundraising resources