“The chance to earn my money was the one thing I needed most…”
Becoming a Big Issue vendor gives you the opportunity to sell the world’s best-known street paper in order to earn some cash.
If you are:
- Homeless or rough sleeping
- In temporary accommodation
- In danger of losing a home
- Unemployed and facing financial crisis
You can become a Big Issue vendor and start selling immediately.
Starting as a Big Issue vendor couldn’t be simpler:
- Vendors buy each copy of the magazine upfront for £1.50, and sell it to the public for £3.00, making £1.50 on every copy sold.
- Vendors wear a red tabard, work from a fixed pitch, and can choose their hours of work.
- The Big Issue magazine currently sells over 83,000 copies in the UK every week.
- We offer training and support to all new vendors.
- We have 63 distribution points nationwide and pitches available across the UK
Getting started couldn’t be simpler. You’ll receive 5 free magazine so you can start earning straight away and you’ll receive ongoing support from our team.
All you need to do is come into our office and speak to a member of our team, please visit this link to locate your nearest office. If you are a young person, you will need to bring some form of ID to show you are 18 or over. You will undergo an induction process and sign a vendor agreement.
Once you become a Big Issue vendor you buy the magazines at £1.50 and sell to your customers at £3.00, keeping the difference to spend, as you like! We don’t stop there though, earning an income is the first step on the journey away from poverty we The Big Issue Foundation exist to link vendors with vital support and services. You will also have access to support around issues of housing, health, training and much, much more.
This short film was made in London and illustrates how the Big Issue can work for you when you become a Big Issue vendor.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Big Issue soon!
Read some of our vendor success stories and the life changing experience becoming a Big Issue vendor can be.